IHCDA oversees federal and state programs that serve low- and moderate-income residents to promote safe, affordable housing and financial and economic stability.
Building Neighborhood Capacity Program Practice Briefs
Community Rhythms is a framework for understanding stages of community life and the best strategies for moving forward at each stage.
The Forum includes community discussions, tools, research, and webinars for practitioners using collective impact around the country.
CreatINg Places is a "crowdgranting" program funded by IHCDA in partnership with Patronicity. The program provides matching grant funds for approved projects that crowdfund through Patronicity.
The Institute provides training, ideas, and news from the field, including articles on the process of CCD work and on common issue areas in urban and rural communities.
How we view the work of community economic development.
OCRA manages federal and state programs to support economic development in rural communities across Indiana.
LISC's Institute for Comprehensive Community Development provides resources on commercial property, commercial corridors, and community and the regional economy.
GrantStation is an online research and grant writing tool that offers nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and government agencies the opportunity to identify potential funding sources for programs or projects as well as resources to help navigate the grantseeking process.
- Advocacy Efforts: Connecting Grassroots Efforts with Statewide Affordable Housing Initiatives
- Advocacy Effort Handout
- Building on the Valued Assets of Small Communities: Indiana's Hometown Collaborative Initiative
- The Heart of Lasting Change in Our Youth
- The Hidden Advantages of OZones: Federal Incentives
- Homelessness and Housing Instability Understood Through Social Determinants of Health
- Housing and Health: Moving from Data to Action
- Housing Policies for Aging in Place
- How to Build and Map Social Capital and Why It Matters
- Intersection of Domestic Violence and Asset-Building: Designing and Implementing an Asset-Based Program
- Introduction to Implicit Bias: What's Hidden Within?
- Keynote Address: Forget the Racial Wealth Gap, It's About the Plunder
- Opportunity Zones: Building Capacity in Indiana's Economically Distressed Areas
- Sometimes It's the Raccoons in the Attic: How Poor-Quality Housing Affects Children's Health and Education
- The Role of Backbone Organizations to Bring About Collective Impact
- Dr. Lisa Harris Morning Plenary: Putting the Health in Health Care
- Dr. David Erickson Lunch Plenary: Towards a Better Social Safety Net
- Access to Food Choices in Food Deserts: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Transit, Affordable Housing, and Community Health
- Active Living Workshops 101
- Perspectives on Building Healthy Places
- Your House is Making You Sick: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Using Community Health Needs Assessments to Engage Nonprofit Hospitals
- Vacant Property Legal Assistance to Stabilize Neighborhoods
- Treating the Opioid Crisis at the Neighborhood Level
- Leveraging Affordable Housing Policy for Healthy Communities
Applying for Solar Uniting Neighbors (Southeast Regional Meeting - June 27, 2017)
Integrating Financial Capability Services (South Central Regional Meeting - July 20, 2017)
Capacity Building Opportunities through Technical Assistance (Northwest Regional Meeting - August 10, 2017)